Major 5 Star Hotel and Restaurant complex in the Caribbean is looking for an Executive Pastry Chef to manage, control and direct all aspects of the pastry and baking operations, meeting high standards of quality for all preparation, production and presentation for its restaurants and food outlets.
The Executive Pastry Chef is responsible for the development and preparation of all desserts, baking, bread products, showpieces and chocolates and will lead the pastry and baking department teams. He/she is responsible for control of food and labor costs, pastry and bread product quality, quantity, and proper handling and storage of all food items.
The Executive Pastry Chef is also responsible for maintaining payroll and productivity within budgeted guidelines, development and training of team members and maintaining sanitation and health regulation standards.
• Culinary College with related pastry diploma or certification of pastry and baking training or apprenticeship
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior management role at 5* hotel or resort
• Extensive experience in pastry and baking for high-volume banqueting, fine dining and buffets including showpieces, chocolate and sugar work
• Proven knowledge of food and labor cost control in high-volume environment
• International exposure and knowledge of authentic Caribbean cuisine
• Experience in managing and training
• Exceptional communication skills
• Food Handler’s Certificate, First Aid and CPR
• Proficient in computer software
• Fluency in English
Salary is US$80,000+ or negotiable based on experience plus annual vacation, $2500 monthly housing allowance, expatriate benefits and bonus plan.
If you are interested in this role and you meet ALL of the above requirements, please submit your resume in WORD format to email@example.com
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applicants, only those that meet ALL of the client’s requirements and expectations will be contacted.